Monday, March 16, 2009

The time we are given is precious!

The one area of stewardship that God equally distributes to His children is time. I don't mean that we are all guaranteed a set amount of years to live out our lives and figure out why we are here, I mean 24 hours/1,440 minutes or 86,400 seconds in a sunrise to sunrise given day. Each one of us may do as we choose with that time and most are rather selfish with what we are given due to our nature. Less than 5% of that time do I give back to God. If I give Him lets say 15 minutes between prayer and reading the bible in a 24 hour period: 15 divided by 1,440 =.0104 / move the decimal point over two spots that gives God a whopping 1.04% in a 24 hour period of time! I don't know about you but I suck! Sorry God, you deserve better! The bible tells us the truth of the matter in Isaiah 64:

Isaiah 64:6All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

When I started this blog, my intent was to post at least once a week and I have had a hard time making a post once a month!

My main message for this post is this: Don't cheat yourself out of valuable time spent with Christ!

Make it a point to put Him first in your day. He will make it worth your while!

No comments:

Post a Comment